Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Don't Know Where To Start

It's been awhile since I've posted and I don't know where to start. Maybe a general update is the way to go and then I can dig into some things I've been stewing about.

We've just celebrated Christmas. We were able to give our kids some good quality toys this year- a first for our family. It was really exciting, and it is a good thing the toys are truly sturdy. The kids have been playing pretty much non- stop since Christmas morning.

We didn't go to Mass as B was on call and I ended up getting sick. In fact, because I was sick, my family didn't come over. We were expecting 21 people total, including my brother who lives out- of- state. They all went to my sister's instead. While I am truly glad they were able to get together despite the change of plans, and while I certainly wouldn't want to pass my 'bug' on to them, there was a bit of a hole left. That was the first time I had missed our family gathering in my whole life. Fortunately, several of them are coming over this weekend. I am really excited about that, and appreciate their willingness to make the trip! Normally, I take all of our Christmas decorations down on the 26th. I feel a bit confused as I am leaving them up until Jan 1, 2012.

We finally got snow today. The kids are so excited. In fact, they are out with B right now building forts, snowmen, and igloos. I have this fantastic book about traditional homes that shows a floor plan of igloo and hte process utilized to build one. I am really excited to read that with them! In other schooly news, we are taking this week completely off. While laying ill in bed, I went through all of our books and calculated how many days we needed to finish. It looks like we are right on target for June 29. This is fortunate as we anticipate spending the first week of July looking at houses and, assuming we find something, putting an offer in shortly thereafter. I think I've finally rested with the fact that we are, truly, Sonlight people. It just fits. We don't use it exactly as laid out, but I know very few Sonlighters who do. I think I finally figured out that it is such a high- quality curriculum that even using just the read- alouds and readers provides a challenging, thorough learning experience.

The things I'd like to post about soon include reversing the real damage to the earth; sustainable living and political agendas; modesty, Christians who choose headcovering, the definition of women's lib, what Christ was really asking us to do as Christians, and how those things converge. You know, light topics. : )

Well, that was a good start. Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment